Are you a natural leader?
Do you look for opportunities to connect and inspire? If so, you may be a good fit for ddm!
ddm is a mid-sized marketing + communications firm based in Grand Rapids full of people who love what they do and take their clients’ and team’s success personally. As an effective Account Leader at ddm, you will combine your market knowledge and experience with research, data, and client information to illuminate the business challenge our team is trying to solve. With your blend of analytical interrogation, creative intuition and incisive thinking, you will add strategic horsepower to our client teams. You will have a history of leveraging creativity and technology to lead and facilitate strategic solutions. You will inspire ddm’s creative teams and help show our clients solutions that not only connect with them, but also excite them.
The Account Leader is responsible for acquisition and growth with both prospective and existing agency accounts. You will work with our teams on new business leads to provide prospects with a tailored and relevant pitch, drawing on insights from their sector, competitors, or target audience(s). To help grow business with existing clients, you will generate strategic account development plans, marketing strategies and lead development of proposals, presentations and project briefs.
You will support our Project Managers and other ddm teams to ensure that strategy is an integral part of what we deliver for our clients. The Account Leader will balance client’s interest within ddm and ddm’s interest within client relationships. You will be responsible for developing and communicating a clear long-term strategic vision to the ddm team for each of your assigned accounts.
If you're interested in this position, talk to JoAnne and find out more.
616 632 1346
Some important considerations:
What does an Account Leader do?
- Help teams grow accounts, get referrals, and expand our business
- Deeply integrate a strategic approach to client solutions at ddm
- Stay current with relevant trends in the marketing industry and in ddm’s respective market verticals
- Distill research into applicable truths that lead to creative, strategic solutions that meet or exceed client objectives
- Effectively communicate your findings and ideas to inspire ddm teams to build the best solutions
- Balance client’s interest within ddm and ddm’s interest within client relationships
Professional skills + qualifications needed for consideration:
- 10+ years agency experience successfully leading marketing and communications strategy for clients in healthcare, financial or manufacturing clients
- Effectively apply strategic thinking to generate creative and effective solutions
- Ability to lead clients strategically through effective verbal and written communication
- Desire to be an integral part of a team within a goal-oriented company structure
- Entrepreneurial mindset
Specific duties and responsibilities to support your roles:
- Focus on new account acquisition as well as existing account growth and development
- Develop proposals and presentations to pitch new business to prospective clients
- Support Project Managers and other teams to ensure that strategy is an integral part of what we’re delivering for clients
- Develop client relationships and be seen as a trusted strategic advisor
- Create strategic account development plans and help identify cross selling opportunities to grow accounts
- Develop and communicate a clear long-term strategic vision to the ddm team for each of your assigned accounts
- Develop Campaign and Project Briefs based on research and business goals
- Represent ddm at industry functions – network and promote ddm at every opportunity
About working at ddm
Specifics that guide expectations of all team members:
Embrace our passion: Amaze our clients
Understand our niche: Delivering extraordinary service and amazing solutions to highly complex or regulated industries.
Exhibit our core values:
- Serve our clients tenaciously
- Respect the team
- Be curious – first ask why then tackle how
- Run through the wall attitude
- Deliver excellence, not excuses
- Play up a level