Financial project manager/coordinator
We're looking for a Project Manager for our financial service teams. Make sense?
ddm is a mid-sized marketing + communications firm based in Grand Rapids full of people who love what they do and take their clients’ and team’s success personally. This full-time Project Manager/Marketing Coordinator (PM) position includes managing, monitoring, processing details, and providing project support on creative, media, print, marketing automation and PR projects for ddm’s Financial Services clients. This role also involves vendor and client interactions that are key to maintaining highly responsive service levels. At ddm, PMs are responsible for supporting teams, both internally and externally, on a daily basis. This position is designed to build depth to the existing Account Service team, resulting in stronger account relationships that ultimately translate into new projects with existing accounts, or new business prospects.
The best PM candidates will be comfortable planning, overseeing, and monitoring marketing projects according to deadlines and within budgets. They will have experience developing and implementing project plans for financial and banking clients and will have participated in the full lifecycle of multi-disciplinary marketing initiatives. They will manage the defined project objectives and oversee quality and client satisfaction throughout the process. A successful Financial Services PM needs to be confident with clients, Account Leaders and specialists to resolve conflicts and manage expectations effectively. The best candidates will be skilled in customer service, proofing, building relationships, keeping teams on-task and achieving goals.
In accordance with Michigan stay home orders, the majority of team ddm is working from home for the foreseeable future. As this crisis passes, the ideal candidate should have the ability to work at least part-time in our Grand Rapids, MI, office.
If you're interested in this position, talk to JoAnne and find out more.
616 632 1346
About working at ddm
ddm is organized and gains traction through the Entrepreneurial Operating System (EOS). Viable candidates would be required to embrace this system and, as a team member, help fully implement its practice.
EOS specifics that guide expectations of all team members:
Embrace our passion: Amaze our clients
Understand our niche: Delivering extraordinary service and amazing solutions to highly complex or regulated industries.
Exhibit our core values:
- Serve our clients tenaciously
- Respect the team
- Be curious – first ask why then tackle how
- Run through the wall attitude
- Deliver excellence, not excuses
- Play up a level
Some important considerations:
Your EOS function: Project Manager/Coordinator
Your EOS roles:
- Coordinate client and ddm teams
- Coordinate talent and resources
- Own project budgets
- Own project timelines
- Monitor and communicate project status
- Drive process and production
- Be proactive and confident
Specific duties and responsibilities to support your roles:
- Develop and execute project plans from beginning to end.
- Identify goals and timeline of the project plan; track milestones and deliverables.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team and client in a timely and clear fashion.
- Have an ability to effectively manage details of multiple, simultaneous projects as part of team.
- Open new jobs and generate project estimates by collaborating with the project team.
- Identify and manage project dependencies, bottlenecks and critical paths.
- Identify changes in project scope, working with the project team to incorporate changes as needed, while communicating implications to client.
- Estimate the resources and hours needed to achieve project goals.
- Manage assignment and completion of tasks to achieve project deliverables.
- Develop and deliver progress reports and proposals.
- Attend internal meetings and produce meeting reports as needed.
- Support client teams with proofreading all deliverables, including general reporting documents.
- Ensure documents are complete, current and stored properly.
- Conduct secondary research on current and potential clients, and/or current clients’ competitors.
- Run billing reports and assist Account Leaders with monthly billing.
Professional skills + qualifications needed for consideration:
- Deep familiarity and experience with project management software (we currently use Teamwork Projects)
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize multiple projects and tasks.
- Proven ability to support investment firm and/or banking clients through effective verbal and written communication.
- Excellent attention to detail, especially when proofing data-heavy deliverables.
- Ability to work both independently with little supervision and also in a collaborative team environment.
- Well organized and detail oriented.
- Very persistent and reliable on follow-up with multiple clients/projects.
- Flexible during times of change; able to conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines promptly and efficiently.
- Persuasive, encouraging and motivating.
- Willing to learn, understand and apply new technologies and competencies.
- Experience supporting financial client with successful Marcom solutions.