There's SASS and then sass; we could use a little bit of both.
We’re looking for a Front-end Developer for our interactive client service team.
ddm is a mid-sized marketing + communications firm based in Grand Rapids full of people who love what they do and take their clients’ and team’s success personally. We are looking for an enthusiastic and confident Front-end Web Developer that gets excited about look and feel, user experience, and content structure. This full-time development position demands a high level of teamwork and collaboration with internal resources. Communication about your process, strategy, and deliverables is key to maintaining the highly responsive solutions and service levels that our clients expect.
Functionally, the Front-end Developer is responsible for supporting interactive client teams on a daily basis and providing insights into UI/UX, workflow, functionality, and interactivity. Working within a cross-functional team to manage deadlines and workload, this developer will need to research and implement third party libraries, turn mockups into functional websites, help train support staff and clients on software built by our team, identify problems, and suggest solutions.
ddm is using WordPress and other PHP-based CMS tools to build websites – knowledge and experience with the advantages and pitfalls of theme and plugin development from a front-end perspective is highly desired.
If you're interested in this position, talk to JoAnne and find out more.
616 632 1346
Some important considerations:
What does a Front-end Developer do?
Your EOS roles:
- Be curious, creative and proactive
- Communicate clearly & often
- Know/use multiple CMSs – esp. WordPress – and related tools – setup, dynamic CSS
- Own your code – clean, concise, efficient – and seek to improve it
- Test your code
- Develop and meet budgets & timelines on multiple, simultaneous projects
- Be passionate about user experience
- Propose, explain, and “sell” improvements/enhancements
Professional skills + qualifications needed for consideration:
- Bachelors (or equivalent experience) in Web Design / Development, UI/UX Design, or Digital Design
- REQUIRED – HTML, CSS, and Wordpress experience
- BIG PLUS – Knowledge of any of the following:
- SASS, SCSS, or Less
- Vue, Angular, or React
- Laravel or Symphony
- Axure, Adobe Creative Suite, and other design / prototyping tools
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software suite
Specific duties and responsibilities to support your roles:
- Assist teams with project estimates and timelines
- Demonstrate awareness of client requirements, culture, values, and diversity
- Research and implement third party software integration and libraries
- Break down a project into small, testable deliverables
- Think proactively and identify potential red flags and roadblocks; suggest solutions
- Effectively manage details and work collaboratively
- Identify inefficiencies in process and take steps to mitigate
- Communicate needs to complete work effectively
- Communicate project status in internal production meetings
- Feel comfortable dealing with client inquiries and interaction
- Feel comfortable asking questions (admit you need help) before taking action
- Use a variety of project management tools to keep the team up to date
- Provide implementation back-up support to other implementation teams as needed
- Support other developers in improving their projects and deliverables as needed
- Support teams with project reviews, including general reporting documents
- Program and write tests as needed to ensure quality of software
- Help train internal support staff and clients on software built by our team
- Have a personal sense of ownership for all aspects of projects the team is producing
- Show initiative and a strong sense of responsibility
About working at ddm
ddm + EOS
ddm is organized and gains traction through the Entrepreneurial Operating System (EOS). Viable candidates would be required to embrace this system and, as a team member, help fully implement its practice.
EOS specifics that guide expectations of all team members:
Embrace our passion: Amaze our clients
Understand our niche: Delivering extraordinary service and amazing solutions to highly complex or regulated industries.
Exhibit our core values:
- Serve our clients tenaciously
- Respect the team
- Be curious – first ask why then tackle how
- Run through the wall attitude
- Deliver excellence, not excuses
- Play up a level