Marketing Automation Developer
Are you a person that loves to see how data flows and works? Do you love to code in HTML? If so, we may have the position for you at ddm!
ddm is a mid-sized marketing and communications firm based in Grand Rapids and full of people who love what they do and take both their clients’ and teams’ success personally. This full-time Automated Email Marketing Developer position includes hands-on implementing, deploying, and supporting automated marketing solutions and reporting dashboards for ddm’s clients. This involves aggregating multiple sources of data to create and/or send targeted, specific messages through multiple channels. At ddm, the Automated Email Marketing Developer works closely with account teams to translate marketing expectations into solutions that meet or exceed client goals.
The best candidates will be part data workflow strategist, part creative, and part coder. They will have experience developing and implementing email-specific HTML/CSS in at least one marketing automation platform (MAP). They will have an innate love of learning new platforms and coding languages. The ideal candidate will have the desire to understand both the overarching goals and concepts of automations as well as the nuances of complex data. You must be able to find and extract data from any source available—spreadsheets, databases, text files, and modern cloud-based customer relationship managers (CRMs)—as well as design and develop communication pieces such as emails, SMS messages, push notifications, printed mail, and reporting dashboards. In summary, you will drive effective solutions that support best practices in multiple platforms to execute campaigns for multiple clients.
If you're interested in this position, talk to Kristin and find out more.
616 583 2035
Some important considerations:
What does a Marketing Automation Developer do?
- Provide creative and valuable marketing automation solutions
- Develop and meet budgets and timelines on multiple projects
- Own your code—clean, concise, efficient—and seek to improve it
- Be an expert on multiple marketing automation platforms
- Continually learn new technology and platforms
- Manage and translate database and list data appropriately
- Create automation flowcharts and documentation
- Create reports and plans for continuous improvement
- Ensure all deliverables are always fully tested, follow best practices, and align with design/brand requirements
Professional Skills + Qualifications Needed for Consideration:
- MUST HAVE effective competence with email-specific HTML/CSS
- Hands-on experience in producing effective automated marketing solutions (plan, build, test, edit, and deploy)
- Ability and desire to learn new platforms and coding languages
- Ability to effectively communicate with team members and clients to align plans, solve problems, and deliver solutions that get results
- Demonstrate creative thinking, problem solving, and piecing together technical puzzles
- Experience in evaluating and advising on the selection, implementation, updating, and management of new automation software
- Understand how to integrate and maintain the integrity of key systems (CRM, MAP, reporting dashboards, website, blog, analytics, product database) to ensure seamless, consistent data flow within and between systems
- Exhibit the ability to use (or learn) AMPscript and basic SQL queries
Specific duties and responsibilities to support your roles:
- Manage your own time and several simultaneous projects
- Self-test work to ensure best practices and highest quality
- Estimate time involvement in various projects
- Work with marketing stakeholders, designers, and developers
- Work with CRMs, MAPs, and other marketing solutions such as Salesforce CRM, HubSpot, SalesForce Marketing Cloud, Acoustic, Marketo, Pardot, MailChimp, and Campaign Monitor
- Build reporting dashboards in platforms such as Google Data Studio, Power BI, and Tableau
- Code email-specific HTML/CSS from scratch, beyond applying and updating pre-built templates
- Set up and manage segments, contacts, reporting, app integration, and CRM integration
- Handle graphics optimally and intelligently
About working at ddm
Specifics that guide expectations of all team members:
Embrace our passion: Amaze our clients
Understand our niche: Delivering extraordinary service and amazing solutions to highly complex or regulated industries.
Exhibit our core values:
- Serve our clients tenaciously
- Respect the team
- Be curious – first ask why then tackle how
- Run through the wall attitude
- Deliver excellence, not excuses
- Play up a level