Social Media Specialist
Are you passionate about the ever-changing environment of social media marketing?
Do you have what it takes to translate your passion into social strategies to support our growing B2B client mix? If so, you may be a good fit for ddm!
ddm is a mid-sized marketing + communications firm based in Grand Rapids full of people who love what they do and take their clients’ and team’s success personally. This full-time Social Media Specialist position includes copywriting, managing, monitoring and overseeing the process of all activities related to social media projects—both paid and organic—underway for ddm clients and internally for our marketing initiatives. This role also involves a high degree of social media content development and placement strategy, listening to understand clients, and generating targeted messaging to specific audiences.
Communication and collaboration are key to maintaining highly responsive service levels. ddm’s social media specialist will engage with vendors, clients, and internal teams. They will work closely with account and specialist team members to translate marketing expectations into solutions that meet or exceed client goals. This position is designed to build depth to our existing Media team, helping them maintain high service levels, strong client relationships and delivery of effective solutions.
If you're interested in this position, talk to Kristin and find out more.
616 583 2035
Some important considerations:
What does a Social Media Specialist do?
- Build and manage social media strategies
- Build and maintain social media calendars
- Use and understand platforms like Sprout Social, Cision, Hootsuite and others
- Collect and present social media analytics
- Report, listen, monitor and engage with audiences on social media
- Craft compelling, engaging and relevant social media post copy
- Work collaboratively with creative and media teams
- Own content impact/results
Professional skills + qualifications needed for consideration:
- 4-year degree in marketing or related field
- A passion for digital marketing in general and social media specifically
- 5+ years of social media, networking and community management experience
- Digital advertising experience preferred
- Previous agency experience preferred, however extensive experience and a passion for search, social and online marketing will be considered
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High level of proficiency with the most relevant social media tools used to plan, create, post, analyze, refine, and report
- High level of proficiency with Word, Excel + PowerPoint for proposals and reporting documents
Specific duties and responsibilities to support your roles:
- Manage details, your own time, and several simultaneous projects
- Strategize with clients to effectively integrate social media channels into their communications mix
- Work with client teams to generate ideas for ongoing content development and enhancement
- Serve ads and refine campaigns/ads on social media outlets based on analytics
- Report the effectiveness of campaigns through analytics and make recommendations for continuous improvement
- Share your deep understanding of all channels and measurement tools (e.g., google analytics, Radian6)
- Effectively integrate your social media strategy and daily efforts with the work of other team members (e.g., email campaigns, digital advertising, creative, etc.)
- Do all this to bolster ROAS, KPI and/or other communications or business objectives defined through collaborative efforts between ddm teams and clients
- Continually look for ways to further integrate social media with ongoing strategic content management
About working at ddm
Specifics that guide expectations of all team members:
Embrace our passion: Amaze our clients
Understand our niche: Delivering extraordinary service and amazing solutions to highly complex or regulated industries.
Exhibit our core values:
- Serve our clients tenaciously
- Respect the team
- Be curious – first ask why then tackle how
- Run through the wall attitude
- Deliver excellence, not excuses
- Play up a level